10/29/07

The State Fair of Texas...A pregnant womans dream

The fair begins the last weekend of September and goes through the 3rd weekend in October. We went 3 times this year and had a different experience every time. The 1st time with Mom and all of the nieces (Kiki and Audry too) and was a blast. Laura rode the big kid rides and loved them. Her face told a completely different story while she was on them. Mom and I laughed as she went back and forth on the Pirate ship, we thought she was going to cry but ended up all smiles. Jackie sat right beside her and couldn't stop laughing the entire time. After many more rides we continued to eat all of the wonderful, fattening food. We stayed for 9 hours and I thought my hands and feet looked like the elephant man.




Second go around was mainly so Mom, Pat and Menay could get an alcoholic beverage from every stand. Tab and I watched and dreamed of the day that we could have our own Bellini or margarita. We stayed and ate and drank for 3 hours and then went home.

The final time was strictly for food and beverage. Craig, Mom, Patty and I stayed a little less than 3 hours. We did about an hours worth of people watching and that was the most fun. How horrible are we? We love to make fun of the weirdo's around us :)

No comments: