9/2/07

BRAXTON HICKS

In the last week I have started having contractions...not the real ones, braxton hicks. They are very normal and actually I have heard the earlier they start the stronger my uterus will be, this will hopefully make for a faster delivery. Either way, it's the strangest feeling in the world. It doesn't hurt at all. Usually, my stomach is pretty mushy but as soon as I have a contraction it turns as hard as a rock and about as big as a soccer ball. SO, I don't move very well when its happening...I either sit or stand, no bending over. (That's hard enough without the contractions) I even worry a little about the baby...I wonder if this is how people become claustrophobic? I know it's silly but I am a worrier to begin with and now that I'm pregnant I feel like I'm ten times worse.

My question is...WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN? As soon as I told Mom and Pat they started laughing and said that they had them around 6 months also. Something I wish they would have warned me about. Not even the Dr. told me...I had no warning at all. I just know now that I should enjoy these contractions because the real ones are painful and quite a bit scarier than these.

No comments: