8/28/07

AND SCHOOL BEGINS...

Once I get home from work I'm so beat (from hardly lifting a finger) I take a nap to recover. It's almost impossible for me to stay awake from 5 to 7 in the afternoon. Needless to say by 8 I'm ready to go again...so I find stuff to do. Last night, I decided to go to Walmart at 10pm to do a little grocery shopping. I thought I would be safe from long lines and tons of people running around all over the place. Oh, I was so wrong! There were kids and parents everywhere with binders, markers and new clothes getting ready for day 2 to begin. I thought I would be aggrivated but they pretty much stayed on the two rows dedicated to school supplies. The aisles were in complete chaos and I don't know how anyone found anything that they needed. I just watched and thought about how exciting it use to be getting brand new stuff for school. I loved getting (and still do) new markers and pens and pencils with glitter on them or folders (one for every class) with tons of designs on them. I just kept thinking...y'all are excited now, just wait till you have to get up in the morning. OH, THE JOYS OF BECOMING A PARENT! I think when it's time to get school supplies for this little girl of mine I'll buy them from the school and be done with it. We'll get some fun stuff from the store but I will not be running around Walmart late at night trying to find a number 2 pencil.

Laura started Kindergarden today...yesterday was the first day of school but because they are the youngest, they only stay for an hour orientation with their parents to get use to the idea of school. I don't know what has happened today or how her day is going but I talked to her yesterday and she was thrilled. She even told me that her front bottom tooth is loose and her best friend is in her class...they are going to be HELL together!

Lauren is a JUNIOR (I feel so old) and of course is loving school already. She is on the swim team and has a much better grasp on her steering wheel (at least we hope) Hunter is a FRESHMAN and I think it's gonna take her some getting use to. I know it took me some time to get into the groove of a new and much bigger school. She will be playing golf and plans on getting a scholarship and getting into an awesome school. Jack is in the 7th grade and is a cheerleader and told me last night that she will also be trying out for volleyball...she is a total social butterfly!

Just think...in a few years I'll be writing about my little one and how much she has grown and her very 1st day of school.


TO ALL OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO ARE TEACHERS...
A new year has begun...it's a fresh start! Depending on what grade you are teaching or counseling you might have a few tears shed in the next few weeks...it will pass, it always does. Keep your head up cause CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! (lol) I have so much respect for all of you and all that you do! Just get ready, in a few years you just might have my little one in your class raising hell...don't call me when it happens, just threaten to call me, it works, I promise. Just kidding, she'll be good! Have a wonderful year and remember they are only kids...don't let them get the best of you.
(They only reason I give advice is because my sisters and I have all lived it for 30 years with our Mother)

No comments: