9/11/07

ANOTHER DR. APPOINTMENT

HOLY CRAP! I have never been yelled at by a Dr.! I totally try to follow all of the rules and be the best patient a Dr. could ask for. Apparently, I'm not as good at it as I thought I was!

To start out...We went through our regular routine( Nurse Aracelly and I ) She weighed me(not my favorite part to say the least), checked my blood pressure, took a sample of blood (glucose screening), and then asked me if I had anything new to tell her. So, I spoke honestly about the Braxton Hicks contractions I have been having. She wasn't worried about it and nothing else was said. Aracelly left and a few minutes later Dr. Strolled in.

We had no idea we were about to be blind-sided by a freakin' freight train(she's 9 months pregnant). Usually, Dr. is super nice and chipper but not today...Dr. B's serious side came out. She asked me what I was stressing about and I told her all of my reasons. Then I started to wonder how in the world she knew to ask me...was she psychic? Not the case at all, hello Kate, she's a Dr., duh-she looked at my blood pressure. Anyway, to make a long story short...Dr. said I better stay calm or she is going to put me on meds and make me quit working. I don't know what would stress me out more taking meds that would go to the baby or not working. I HAVE TO WORK! I HAVE TO STAY BUSY! I know it may sound weird, who wants to work, right? Well, ME!- I'm a total control freak and have to know about everything that is going on at the bar. I promised I would work on controlling the issues I worry about and pick my battles.

The best part of the appointment was the baby kicking the crap out of the fetal heart monitor. Aracelly, Renner and I could not stop laughing. It sounded like a linebacker inside of me because it was all echoed on the speaker. It took her a good 5 minutes to get her heart rate!CRAZY BABY!

Oh, also, we preregistered at the hospital. It's like a freakin' resort! I will be well taken care of to say the least. There isn't a cafeteria in this hospital, it's a chef. After I have the baby I will have a complimentary steak and lobster dinner. Everything is secured, you can't get in or out without a card to release the door. They have real towels, not hospital towels. (They were super soft) I could go on and on about all the great things they have to offer. Sounds good, huh? My Dr. will be having her baby there in just a few short days, so I think if she likes it there, I will too! Thank goodness for insurance! Here are a couple of pictures. One is of the entrance and one is of a private room.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiS0fg61iJQsqM2rbXWFma2YDkXTsuLSc_tejeFSYOv0n-48zRe2ZA5Dr5oN1z2-YBoEM5bNmwjOXgcK9XUaG7F0c8bEoGOIOi7VbUgolypFPbtigH9nwmMr2A8LN32XaKjE6YcKtJQ3Ok/s1600-h/pictur>

No comments: