7/29/07

5 MONTHS!

I have exciting news...not only do I feel the baby(that's been happening for awhile)everyone else can feel her too! Usually, nobody ever gets to feel her move because she only does it when I'm laying in my bed by myself. I totally love when she moves but I know that if I get up to say,"Hurry,come feel, she's moving!", she'll disappear into the abyss (my belly).

Well, Wednesday, she decided to come out and play while I was downstairs on the couch. Kelli put her freezing cold hands on my belly to feel her move. She sat for a minute and then totally started freaking out...she said, "Kate I felt the baby kick 3 times!" She got up almost grossed out (that's how I use to be) but totally excited! I wish I had it recorded...her facial expressions were absolutely PRICELESS! So, Mom decided to get in on it...(her hands were warm and cozy) She touched just right and moved me around a little and then she smiled and said, "she's definitely there!"
FINALLY...IT HAPPENED! It's such a neat feeling, I want to share it with everyone!

I've also started this nesting thing...
I cleaned the baby's bathroom from 12am to 3am. It was not even that dirty but I scrubbed every last corner! I don't think I needed to do it so soon, but I had to put the new baby paper on the bottom of all the cabinets. (they smell like honeysuckle, love it!) The nursery would almost be 100% finished but the crib has a corner on it that isn't finished to my satisfaction, so we have to wait patiently for another piece to come in. Pat and I are so into INSTANT GRATIFICATION that it's killing us to see it resting on the wall in pieces. It's not like we don't have another 4 months to get it set up...we're horrible, I know!

My next little dilemma: I have 3 different styles of sheets to put on the crib, I knew a month ago exactly what I wanted and now, I'm not so sure. So, all three sheet sets are so pretty and I can do so much with all of them, which is exactly my problem. One day I think, OK, I'm using this one for sure and the next I've changed my mind. OH, I have such big problems...just kidding! I'm sure I'll figure it out soon and put a picture of what I've decided to stick with up for all to see.

Last but certainly not least,
I was reading my What to Expect When You're Expecting (great book) and it says that the baby can hear now and she is starting to recognize different voices. So, to make sure she knows how horrible I sing, on the way to and home from work everyday I've been singing out loud in my car. I constantly have to change the station cause I feel stupid when I don't know all the words to a song but I really don't think she knows the difference.
Also, last night I turned on my little IPOD and put the headphones on my belly. I stuck one in my belly button and one underneath the seam of my pajamas(so they would stay) and played my relaxing mix for her. She listened to some Michael Buble(a song for you), Wham (careless whisper), George Strait(baby blue)and John Mayer(daughters). She did do a little bit of kicking, but I'm not sure if it was the music or me laying down in our favorite spot. Hopefully, this will help her to love a variety of music before she's even born!

I'M HALFWAY THROUGH! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

No comments: